What is the biggest challenge you face when dieting?

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Self Reality Check

Self Awareness is the first step to change. Reality checks can benefit everyone. Some people are lucky enough to have people they love take time to help them. If you haven't had that opportunity or if you did and ignored it, take a moment to answer these questions. I suggest writing the answers down physically on paper so you can focus on their substance.

Am I happy with my actions over the past week? Why or why not? How have I been treating my loved ones? How should I be treating them? Who am I making a priority in my life? How does that hurt me? How does that benefit me? Am I neglecting anyone in my life who needs me? Am I neglecting responsibilities I need to take care of? In the last week what did I spend my time doing? How did these things impact my life? What did I eat this past week? How did that hurt my body? How did that benefit my body? Where is my life heading if I continue as I have been? Do I respect myself? Would strangers meeting me for the first time think I treat myself with respect. Do I ever act in a way that is embarrassing? What kind of attention am I getting from strangers? Do I like this attention? Why or why not?

Finish this sentence: I wish I knew how to ____ less and ____ more.

Stop ignoring your feelings that something is wrong. Addressing these issues is the only way to fix them. Talk with someone you can trust to have your best interest in mind and brainstorm ways to make better decisions in your life. I'm always open to talk and help.

No comments: